• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best vibration stopping fastner.

Will L.

Reaction score
I was going to post in product review area, but couldn't. Not sure where to put this info. moderators?

Vibration is the main cause for fasteners to come loose. I've used these on structures mandated by the engineer especially on volitale fuel storage and transports buildings and equipment. They also come stock on hmmwv/ hummers for attaching the half shaft axls to the differential.

Nordlock wahers. Here is a couple links. I have no tie to the company, just thought I should share for those unaware.

http://www.nord-lock.com/2016/05/11/new-range-washers-steel-construction-industry/

http://www.nord-lock.com/bolted/watch-the-new-junker-test-video-here/

Yes, but you need to examine them and replace when the teeth on the flat side or the tops of the "ramps" loose their sharpness.
In aircraft, and hmmwvs, the standard practice is discard EVERY locking washer of any kind Every time. So my hummer manual says one time use, but I know from a training class that is uncy sam being on the ultra safe side.

When I get into rebuilding my 43 Willy's that my Dad gave me before he died, and the Hummer when due, I am going to start replacing all the lock washers with them.

You can still use locktite on threads of bolts in conjuction with nordlocks. Double whammy aproach.

I've never seen those. Look like a great idea though.
I'm surprised the army considers them one time use. Any way they can pinch pennies........
You know, I've never seen those around the motorpool. I've gonna have to go looking now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back