• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best lifters ?

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
So I see lots of brand names I recognize is there any that are considered better than others? Not much discussion on lifters

Are you talking lift pumps or lifting the vehicle? I´ve been doing a lot of research on lift pumps recently. A guy also offered me some hydro shocks quite cheap lately, so I´ve been wondering if it would be a bargain and a good idea, or if I should jump at it and make a possibly good upgrade. ;)

Thats what I thought too was valve train lifters.
I think melling makes a majority of them. They make all the oil pumps and they get rebranded. Wouldn’t surprise me if they made them all.
Melling makes a few of the parts for gm and now for gep.

I have never really had problems with lifters. 1 failure over all the years that wasn’t obvious as oil starve, and it may have been fod.

I question pushrods before lifters actually.

I've seen a few valvetrain issues that a collapsed lifter could been the cause. Be nice to know who actually makes them and if there are Chinese ones to stay away from. The enginetech ones in particular are the ones I'd suspect of being Chinese

For the most part you have mellings and sealed power/federal mogul. In my experience mellings is a far superior lifter to sealed power. GM used mellings for almost all of there oem lifters. I've even bought comp cams lifters that were nothing more than reboxxed mellings. Sealed power on the other hand, I've yet to out of 16, not to get at least 1, if not 2 that bleed down overnight, and clatter on a cold start.

Back