• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Batteries took a ๐Ÿ’ฉ

I had to replace mine almost a month ago. bought a couple of diehard 3 year free replacements from Advance. got them for $109 each.

make sure your alternator is still putting out the juice once its good and warmed up. I had discovered on mine before I did the junkyard upgrade to the AD244 that on my CS130 the voltage would start riding between 12 and 13 after running for a bit. when it was cold it would stay up around 14. if everything was on and maxed out to got worse.

I have always gotten my batteries from Sam's Club, for both my 94 and my 98, as well as multiple cars. The batteries for the 94 lasted seven years, for the 98 Burb, eight! Three year, non-prorated, free replacement warranty. Lower price than any of the chain parts stores.

Unfortunately, Diehard isn't Diehard any more since Mnuchin bought out Sears, then promptly dismantled it and sold off all their brand names to be licensed by the highest bidder. Like Craftsman tools. There are now three different grades, only the highest has the free replacement warranty on it, the lowest two grades are available at places like Sprawl-Mart. Same thing with Diehard batteries - the brand name, not the quality, went to the highest bidder. Just like the Schwinn bicycle brand name, no longer high-quality, American made equipment, now the name on POS Chinese-made JUNK sold at Sprawl-Mart for 20% more than equally junk Huffy because of the "brand name" and childhood memories reputation of the 40+ crowd of the actual brand.

Like Interstate batteries. Super high quality and longevity when they first hit the market. Cheap junk now, living off their 20 year old reputation.

Unfortunately, Diehard isn't Diehard any more since Mnuchin bought out Sears, then promptly dismantled it and sold off all their brand names to be licensed by the highest bidder. Like Craftsman tools. There are now three different grades, only the highest has the free replacement warranty on it, the lowest two grades are available at places like Sprawl-Mart. Same thing with Diehard batteries - the brand name, not the quality, went to the highest bidder. Just like the Schwinn bicycle brand name, no longer high-quality, American made equipment, now the name on POS Chinese-made JUNK sold at Sprawl-Mart for 20% more than equally junk Huffy because of the "brand name" and childhood memories reputation of the 40+ crowd of the actual brand.

Like Interstate batteries. Super high quality and longevity when they first hit the market. Cheap junk now, living off their 20 year old reputation.
That's so true with everything we buy now! I went with them since they gave me a deal on them. their regular price was $169 at the time, I was about to head to Wally World when the store manager told me he'd match their price. he ended up knocking off $140 off for the pair that had the 3 year free replacement warranty. With me being in a bind and needed something right then i couldn't refuse

My last set, Odyssey in the RAM, is from Batteries Plus as they add their own in house warranty to bring them up to 5 years total free replacement. Varies by they battery quality they sell so double check. I got lucky as they were unpacking the truck and had two just come in. They offer a Military Discount that is the same discount as ordering online. Can't combine discounts...

I believe ACDelco batteries are made in Communist China now. Check the label.

Ive also heard that Wally World (walmart) is a PIA now to try warranting anything. I like shops that do the in house warranties where there's no questions asked! places that honor the customer over anything else :)

Oh ๐Ÿ’ฉ, I didnt even think to check COO on the label. Got the Delco, only 30 month no questions free replacement.
Well, they do have the Delco gold labels, if that means anything.
next time I get outside and near the truck, Iโ€™ll check for the COO.
It sure spins over fast now.
I also had replaced the alternator about a month ago. I didnt check the alt output as it shoves the needle into the over 14 volt range like it does on a fresh battery cable cleanup. Thats how I know the batt cable terminals is needing cleaned. The voltage will drop below the 14 volt line.

Oh yeah. The insulators around the batteries is in quite rough condition. I taped it all back into position and it looks real nice now, except for, I hope it didnt cover over the COO label. I aint going to dismount them hatteries and remove all that gorilla tape to find that label. I do hope it is out in plain sight. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น

I know I Know...no auto zone crap.. but I have two of there gold label batteries in the truck..they run fine....and they replace them no questions asked.... Honestly I don't see the difference when ninty percent of this crap is made in china no matter what label is on it

Yup, thats the way it seems, about the made in commie china chit.
I do try to buy made in the USA before flapping the white flag and surrendering to china.
It seems that I grew to accustomed to buying brand names I could trust and, not thinking of the COO before spending my money.

Every time someone says auto zone I always think it's "Vato-zone" lol you can't walk in there asking for a whatchamacallit and have the old one in your hand without them asking for the year make and model. at our local Napa you bring in the thing lay it on the counter without saying a word, the counterman walks to the back and brings out a new one!

And thats the way the NAPA store is over here too. I walk in, they ask if Iโ€™m still on such and such a wehicle, I reply yup, they punch it in and ask which component Iโ€™m wanting.

Back