• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone still make a full replacement pillar gauge mount for 88-98 trucks?

Reaction score
Just as the title says - want a gauge mount that completely replaces the pillar trim, and not just is taped/glued/screwed to the existing trim. Besides it looking like a broke high school kid's hack job to me, my pillar trim needs replacing anyways.

I remember having bought one for my '89 many years ago, but I don't recall from where, I'm not finding anything now, and I really don't feel like custom molding one again, lol.

Just as the title says - want a gauge mount that completely replaces the pillar trim, and not just is taped/glued/screwed to the existing trim. Besides it looking like a broke high school kid's hack job to me, my pillar trim needs replacing anyways.

I remember having bought one for my '89 many years ago, but I don't recall from where, I'm not finding anything now, and I really don't feel like custom molding one again, lol.
Autometer still makes a full pillar three gauge that goes from the headliner to the dash that replaces the existing pillar for 94-98s.

I don't think anybody ever made a "replacement" gauge mount pillar. The partials glue or screw on, but the full ones I've seen snap over the existing pillar cover and completely cover it, with the door opening windlace slipping over the outer edge and the inner edge hooking behind the front edge of the pillar.

I don't think anybody ever made a "replacement" gauge mount pillar. The partials glue or screw on, but the full ones I've seen snap over the existing pillar cover and completely cover it, with the door opening windlace slipping over the outer edge and the inner edge hooking behind the front edge of the pillar.

That would be acceptable, as I really just don't want the add on look.

Unfortunately, that one isn't going to work for me either, as my truck is a '96, and I forgot that the interior trim changed with the updated interior in '95.

EDIT: Found the one for 94-98 trucks, but it still doesn't cover the entire trim. Maybe it's the year difference thing, and what I bought for the '89 just seemed like a full replacement because of the coverage. It has been a couple decades, and my memory may be fading, lol.

Last edited:
Back