• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone rolling 19.5"s on a SRW truck?

Pillow

Recruit
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here is rolling 19.5" wheels on a Single Rear Wheel CK truck out there?

Some have claimed that the 19.5 tires in a street trim deliver great mileage and last a long time compared to conventional tires.

... The bad part is that I am sure the 19.5"s would beat the truck to death. :(

Other than that I have been pondering PYO wheels rolling BFG Commercial T/A meats. Still a load E tires but geared for longer life and better mileage.

Thanks!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I have steel 19.5's on my dually. They are HEAVY. Maybe aluminum would be better, but I don't think your mileage will go up much. They do last a long time which is good, cause they cost almost double what 16's cost..

Hmm ya that is something to ponder. I have a few 19.5 dually tow trucks. The tires are awesome! No sway when hauling heavy and you can haul more IMO. The only thing I have seen 19.5's on a single rear is on a UPS box truck :frown2:

But I agree that it wouldnt be very practical because they weight a ton! I know I pay about $90 for a nice retread and $140 for a cheapo steer tire. Thats a 245/70/19.5

Back