• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another one coming home: 93 C3500HD

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Figured I would give an update.

Probably my sketchiest purchase to date, no engine, and bad transmission is hanging from the rear mount, and "I'm gon git you a title, dont you worry bout that. I'll section 42 it if I have to!" Luckily the grand total is under 1000 bucks, and the DB2831-4911 is already in my possession.

1993 GMC C3500HD, longest wheelbase available, the 183.5. frame professionally bridged (early HDs were a little weak behind the cab, starting in 94 or 95 they double framed them from under the cab to halfway back to the rear axle.)
6.5L 5spd 2wd gloss white of course. :) Didnt even check the ratio. SLX trim with power windows and locks and big ol west coast mirrors. midship fuel tank.
The high dollar part is a rust free Stahl utility bed with no rust and hardly any damage. big ol 14 or 15 footer.

I should have gotten on it sooner before he swapped engines with his 98, currently in the process actually, so I gotta leave his blown engine behind till he gets the swap done to ensure all sensors make it over. also had to argue with him that he needed to keep the dual t-stat crossover to make it work in his 98. He wanted 2 grand with the running motor in it last year, but same sketchiness with the title, so I might be better off this way in case the title does not come through.

@tanman_2006 how much fun is Oklahoma to get titles? He bought the truck from his cousin who he is no longer on speaking terms with, and an ex girlfriend from OKC has the title and some of his stuff at her place, he is sort of on speaking terms with her. title was never transferred to him, still a signed off title from the cousin. As long as he isnt an idiot, he should be able to talk nice to the ex GF and get the title, but he might be an idiot. :)

i think he's an idiot and won't even try.
glad to see another mech DB2. don't see these every day.
what's your plans?

wont be pics for a while, laptop charger died, so no way to upload pics. Grinding it out on a way under-capacitated low memory windows XP desktop of the folks'. :)

@deejaaa plan is to let it sit till title shows up, then plan on getting it put back together. end goal is a long flatbed and a heavy hitch to pull our 26 foot bumper pull 14K GVWR trailer hauling equipment.

We also deal in older combines, and even 11 foot flatbeds are not long enough if a guy needs to haul a smaller header on the truck and a bigger on the trailer (current big bumper pull is a 26 foot 14K gvwr PJ trailer.) so this 14 foot might be the cats meow.

Really have not set a solid plan yet, just had to save it from the guy living in a trailer at the fairgrounds with a Saturn VUe with no front fender. :)

IDK if I have mentioned it before, but I am the 6.5L whisperer. :) most whisper a little louder, but considering this one was gutted it couldnt cry out very loudly. Its like finding a cat that has been hit on the road. Gotta wrap it in a blanket and bring it home and see if it will live or die. Luckily if its a 5 speed, we are a no-kill shelter. :)

Can You imagine this guys hotwheels collection?
Easy to imagine.... a bunch of white farm trucks some in different mottled condition. Probably couldn't stand to see one get discarded no matter the condition..... flattened, no wheels etc if it resembled a white truck in the collection it went. Probably traded sports cars for them. :)

I bet your mom just loved you when you were little and drug every stray critter you found back home with you.
LUckily all we did was find the various litters of kittens, didnt have to add to it. :)

Can You imagine this guys hotwheels collection?
Legos and farm toys. :)

Can you imagine his stray animal/roadkill collection?!:wideyed:
I leave that to the cats to take care of, neighbor hits rabbit, cats bring it in. I dont ever see the bones, must be collecting them somewhere. :)

You can spend $1k on a truck but not $50 on a laptop charger? C'mon. ;)

Sounds like a good project.
Scored a used one for 11.99 on the beloved eBay for 11.99! :)

Easy to imagine.... a bunch of white farm trucks some in different mottled condition. Probably couldn't stand to see one get discarded no matter the condition..... flattened, no wheels etc if it resembled a white truck in the collection it went. Probably traded sports cars for them. :)

I have laxed a little off the mandate of white and 2wd, got a few different colors, but they are all 5 speed...except for one, and the starter flat quit on me, so the first time I have ever been stranded in a 6.5L is because it was an automatic and I could not bump start it. :(

If you need a visualization, ask @jrsavoie as he is the only one to set foot on the plantation.

@tanman_2006 drove by on I70 and saw Auxillary storage lot B (aka the corner of the fields that dad puts the overflow of machinery on) and thought to himself "I wonder if that is GM Guy's folks' place..." and he was correct, too bad I was not on the computer at the time to invite him in. :)

To say we need to sell a few goodies is an understatement...

Oklahoma isn't terrible for titles in my experience. They pretty well just hand them over if you go in with the info they ask for and a credit card lol

That frame might be a hair too long for me. I'd be trying to drop a crew cab on that one!

Get the frame painted all nice, put a deck plate off a semi truck on, and put a gooseneck ball and big chrome fenders and call it good for a while. :)

If a guy is broke and wants a semi tractor with a long frame, gotta settle for a baby semi tractor. :)

Back