• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another 1994 with Stalling problems

1994ch

Reaction score
My pickup stalled out today. Would not re-start....jumpered the fuel pump and confirmed good fuel pressure to the IP, no air bubbles in the return line, put a known good PMD on it........Nada.... A friend got a roll back we loaded it in the rain at 40 something degrees......... Its been sitting about 5 hours now and I just went out and it cranked right up.

In hind sight I think it did this same thing to me about a year ago....I could not get it to start and at that time my fuel pressure gauge was before the fuel filter so I changed the fuel filter to make sure that was not the problem......by the time I got the fuel filter changed it started up but I really don't think that the old filter was the problem (it was not very old).

Going out now to check for codes..... would be thankful for any thoughts

It seems like a very intermittent problem and I really don't have much hope up right now of tracking it down......but I sure don't trust it...don't really like it right now either as it got three of us soaked and cold to the bone this afternoon.

Am not finding out much what Code 17 means other than the basic High Resolution Circuit Fault description.............

In hind sight I think it did this same thing to me about a year ago....I could not get it to start

Just to be clear on this story.... should have said I could not get it to re-start as it did die on me that time as well.

I think I found the culprit on this....... I went out and tried it (had not done anything to it) and it fired right up. So I walked around and started wiggling wires at the injection pump. As soon as I touched the PMD extension harness at the IP end the truck died. I repeated this a couple times and the truck would die every time. So I took that plug apart, re-crimped the terminals and now I can wiggle it as much as I want and it will not die.......... hopefully case closed.... at least for now.

Sorry i hadn't posted my "canned" response.. lol I would have had 2 points today! . I had one of those harnesses I won't go into what i went through trying to find it it.

Back