• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Almost done, and done

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Gauges and oil filter relocation

The gauges, during day, key off day.jpg, and at nigt, key on : night sans flash.jpg

The sensors are not connected yet.

Then, here is th oil filter relocation setup with by-pass filtration :

engine bay : engine bay.jpg, oil filter relocated : 3.jpg, and oil filter adapter : DSC00473.jpg

Big thanks to franko, from the other forum who helped a lot in showing pics of his own setup, and so saved me from burning my brain :ihih:

Believe its the Amsoil....

Some would probably argue that you lose alot of possible cooling potential by keeping the oil in the engine compartment? Think it would be a noticable difference in overall temp if it was mounted underneath the truck out of the engine bay?

BTW, awesome install man, nice and clean and ready to go. Must feel good knowing your truck is getting clean oil all the time. and no more mess when doing filter changes.

Thanks for your compliments :biggrin5:

That is a clone of the Amsoil. I use a NAPA regular oil filter + Amsoil Eab 110 by-pass filter.
I found everything on fleabay at affordable prices.

Yes, I was thinking of relocating outside engine bay, but was afraid of exposing the filters to possible puncture, so finally I decide to put them here.
A lot easier to change filters now ;)

Last edited:
Cool install. Looks awesome!!!

I am surprised you have a spot to put the filters inside the engine. I have the Amsoil bypass kit but I have not had a chance to install it yet but it looks like I have to go under on the frame.

Yes, I had a look to Amsoil kits. I like them! but a bit expensive compared to this one.
It seems that the Amsoil filter holders is a bit longer, but IMO, it should fit.
Mount the filters on the holder and try to fit.
You will have to build the bracket, a little grinding and welding (or bolting).

Back