• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air Box Relocation

Reaction score
By moving the Battery it opens up alot of room for an airbox, I am reusing the stock one with some mods, I am going to just use 1 4 inch 90* bend into the turbo from the air box
016.jpg

I opened up the original hole to fit the new intake
006-1.jpg

Here it is after the epoxy is on
008-1.jpg

This is to be continued I will be using 3 inch flexible brake hose to go from the airbox to where to old spot behind the signal light

Looks cool. I (as you know) had to relocate mine out on necesscity. I was able to use an Isuzu rubber inlet part that adapted the stock K47 to a 3" round pipe without cutting the K47. If for some reason you want to go back to stock then you could. I've got some pics if you would like.

I kind of figured you just might be doing it this way.

I had looked very seriously at this swap and figured it would work good. My stock airbox is the old flat panel and I didn't want to use it so I held off until I could come up with something better.

One concern I did have though was overhead clearance for the battery as I like the top post batteries over side post. How much room do you have?

I like what I'm seeing. Please post more pics.

Don

I kind of figured you just might be doing it this way.

I had looked very seriously at this swap and figured it would work good. My stock airbox is the old flat panel and I didn't want to use it so I held off until I could come up with something better.

One concern I did have though was overhead clearance for the battery as I like the top post batteries over side post. How much room do you have?

I like what I'm seeing. Please post more pics.

Don

Ill check the clearance and let you know I think you would be fine

Here are some more shots this is the mount for the air box
001-4.jpg

I just rivited it on with 3/16th rivits
002-3.jpg

This is how it sets in the truck mounted
003-5.jpg

This shows how the Box sits along with the Turbo
004-4.jpg

Looks cool. I (as you know) had to relocate mine out on necesscity. I was able to use an Isuzu rubber inlet part that adapted the stock K47 to a 3" round pipe without cutting the K47. If for some reason you want to go back to stock then you could. I've got some pics if you would like.

Do you have that Isuzu part #? Any photos? I have the K47 Box, but without the part connecting it to the fender wall.

By moving the Battery it opens up alot of room for an airbox, I am reusing the stock one with some mods, I am going to just use 1 4 inch 90* bend into the turbo from the air box
016.jpg

I opened up the original hole to fit the new intake
006-1.jpg

Here it is after the epoxy is on
008-1.jpg

This is to be continued I will be using 3 inch flexible brake hose to go from the airbox to where to old spot behind the signal light

Is that JB Weld? How is that epoxy holding on the plastic?

Do you have that Isuzu part #? Any photos? I have the K47 Box, but without the part connecting it to the fender wall.

These are the only two I have loaded to my album. I'll get a better pic later.
DSCN3097.JPGDSCN3089.JPG

Very interesting.

You've hit on a variation of what i was thinking of, except I wasn't planning on moving batteries and airbox.

Sub'd to see the finished product.

:)

Ive been kicking it around for a while, I didnt have a good way of getting 4 inches of air to the new turbo so This is what I came up with it really looks like it belongs that way when its all together

Here is the air intake set up, i made it out of 3 inch mandrel exhaust tubing then did a little work with a die grinder to get a good fit, mocked it up with the air box and welded it in place
003-8.jpg

this is a shot from the front showing the air intake, I closed the hole up with .040 aluminum Rivited it in then used some dripcheck to seal it up
004-6.jpg

We must be thinking alot alike on this whole make my 6.5 Mine :hihi:

Seems like it.

You're just getting there first.

I'd actually like to relocate the batteries out of the engine bay to free up the space.

Or,

Install a coolant reservoir like ferminator did (I think it's from an lb7, he's got a pic in his build thread) and mount the passenger battery back next to the firewall.

Something about the bent fender lip bugs me.....:)

Seems like it.

You're just getting there first.

I'd actually like to relocate the batteries out of the engine bay to free up the space.

Or,

Install a coolant reservoir like ferminator did (I think it's from an lb7, he's got a pic in his build thread) and mount the passenger battery back next to the firewall.

Something about the bent fender lip bugs me.....:)

Like I said in the other thread a couple taps with a hammer on the inner fender before you mark and drill the holes for the Box and it will clear fine, I didn't take the thickness of the steel box under the battery into my figures

Back