• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Accelerator prob..

Stoney

Reaction score
Okay guys hopefully one of y'all are online.. before I start I will point out.. I have my ABS fuse out from under the hood as well as the brake fuse out that's in the side of the dash, they are out because the wheel sensors are screwing with the transmission somehow haven't figured that out..
So here's what's happening ,. Keep in mind I am a very long way from home. I went to get on the interstate, truck has been running fine today, I hit approximately 65 miles an hour and it's like the accelerator dies.. the truck does not shut off, but it's like you took your foot off the accelerator ,even if you push it to the floor. If you take your foot off the accelerator let the truck slowed down a little then start pushing it again all is good.. get her back up to about 65 or so and she does it again.. I have multiple spare pmd's on board.. but does anybody have any input or could this possibly be the accelerator sensor going bad.. or could having those fuses out be causing it... I'm leery of getting back on the interstate right now to test out putting the fuses in or a new PMD so I'll sit here for a while and see if anybody responds..

I don't know what the STS light is... The service engine soon light kicks on when the event is happening but kicks right back off when you let off the accelerator then get back on it... Actually I don't think it's the regular service engine soon light.. it's another one right above the one that comes on when you turn your ignition on.. my gauge cluster has a designer thing on it so until tonight I've never even seen that light before , I just happened to be in the right position to see past it I'll post a pic so you understand what I mean...you have your wait to start light then right above it you have a check engine light... The light I'm referring to is right above that one. but like I said I only saw it because of the position I was in at the time it kicked on

Attachments

• 15729232377201930014546.jpg
    15729232377201930014546.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 8
STS ..service throttle soon.. I just ripped some of that designer crap off my dash and light came on when I turn the ignition on... Here's the weird thing or maybe it's not weird I don't know I put the fuses back in and the problem went away... Which is kind of disappointing because I want to eliminate the ABS

Ok ..I'm gonna park it for the night..cause there's a Auto zone just down the street..they can scan it in the a.m. since it's like 11:00 pm here...
I just find it weird that the number 18 fuse in the side of the dash that says brake or the ABS fuse would effect did the accelerator..

I have one of those OBD2 adapters that connects through the wifi to My cell phone and a APP that lets Me read and erase codes. I keep that little gizmo in the jockey box.
I just got a different OBD2 adapter that connects blue toot, got a tablet suppose to arrive today, going to load Torque Pro into the tablet, only works on android, and then there are some PID codes that can be transferred to the TP app that allows the app to see the timing offset on the 6.5.

Back