• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AAM 11.5" wheel seal???

BigBlueChevy

Compression Ignition Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the wheel seals on my AAM (11.5") rear and seem to have run into a snag. Per Rockauto and pepboys, the seal I got is the right one, but this isn't one of those seals that you can just hammer into the back of the hub. It has some kind of rubber lip that seems like it would fit over the lip on the outside of the hub VS inside. Am I missing something here? And its really tight too, I can't seem to get the damn thing to fit onto the hub anyway.

pics:
1102100736.jpg 1102100737.jpg

1102100737a.jpg 1102100737b.jpg

1102100738.jpg

WTF???:mad2::???:

Update. Don't know why but Rockauto shows 2 different types of seals that are associated with a 2004 AAM 11.5" rear. This is the seal that Pepboys had supplied me with.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1836206

After wasting my time trying to get the seal to co-operate with the hub I did some research. This seal also comes up under there parts search. I pulled the other hub off the passenger side of the axle and checked the seal. This one seems to be what I was looking for:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1840704

These 2 seals are used on all 3500 trucks from 2003 up to 2009. After which, Rockauto states that seal I have pictured above is only used on dual rear wheel equipped vehicles, and this "other seal" doesn't exist. I returned the "wrong seals" to pepboys and put an order through for these proper looking seals from Rockauto. When they arrive I'll report back as to if this solved my issue

Back