• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A/C controls 2008 3500 hd

Will L.

Reaction score
3/2008 Silverado 3500HD dmax.

Every time the truck is started, the a/c switches to fresh air instead of staying in recirculating mode.
GM has done this for years on vehicles and I HATE it. On the gmt400, removing the little servo motor and letting it dangle was my fix on my personal rig.

Does anyone know how to accommodate this on the 2008? Work truck not my truck so I can’t do anything permanent like I did for my camaro and silicone the blend door shut. Haha. Really- live in Vegas a couple years and you would get it.
I know there are some times like fog and high humidity where the drivers breathe fogs the inside glass, but here I crack a window and it solves it on the 2 days a year it might happen.

Is there a way of setting via computer to stop the change in cycle? I might be able to pizza my way into getting a fleet mechanic to do it for me. Yes having been a fleet mechanic, I know nothing makes things happen like a box of donuts or box of pizza...
But these guys never deviate from factory so I have to walk in and explain exactly what they need to do if there is any chance.

Aggravating engineer from a different climate tells me how to adjust my comfort every time I drive.

Aggravating engineer from a different climate tells me how to adjust my comfort every time I drive.

With the "heat waves" going well over 105F ... You can imagine the JOY I get knowing these exact people get to experience their piss poor AC performance IF they live through the experience. :woot: Last heatwave that hit MI, well, they redesigned the HVAC box on HD RAM pickups for 2019-2020 with a TSB for colder AC... AC has come a long way on R134a since the 90's but they still screw it up now and then. Including 2006 era GM Trailblazers.

I did call my buddy at the dealership, he just got back to me.
No programming options to do it.

Grrr- yeah gm, you guys are not winning customers that live in hot climates. The a/c does blow cold in recirculating mode, not impressively or amazing, but cold. Better than gmt400 which was cool not cold. Ford still is the #1 choice of driver chosen work trucks in hot climates because of better seats and a/c. Been that way since the early 90’s.

My only option might be unbolt the thing and let it just sit there swinging on the wires.

Where I work we get tons of mosquitoes- and there are only 2 types left here. The kind that carry the zika virus, the kind that carry west nile virus, the other one is expected to be extinct from our area by 2023 latest. Doesn’t mean all mosquitoes have it- but a descent percentage. Get in the truck and you have passengers. Leave the a/c in recirculate and that keeps them out. Unless you drive a GM.

Maybe if we get some of these infected critters in the gm executive parking garage...

No, it isn’t just an inconvenience of start truck, push a button every single time. There is a couple practical reasons...

My wifes G6 was the same way. Nothing you can do other than put it on inside air and unplug the actuator. It is built into the AC control heads programming. You would have to get GM to change it as they don't give that ability to dealers. You might could get Ben at BT dieselworks to do it, but he is so busy, good luck getting in touch with him.

As to gmt400 AC, my Tahoe breaks the mold. Even on a 95 degree day it gets cold enough on high fan speed that it has to cycle the compressor to keep it from freezing up.

Ok after too many moons, I am back to this.
Anyone have a description (preferably picture book) of accessing the actuator?
Fixing to search youtube but figured I would throw this here in case anyone took pics and was looking for an excuse to share! Haha

Back