• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

96 gmc suburban

albaca16

Reaction score
I have a 1996 gmc suburban 2500 with a 454 engine. The transmission is a 4L80 which gave back in February. My question is what year and make of vehicles will be a compatible match. All responses will be appreciated. Thank you.

95&96 are pretty much bolt in replacements if it's a 4x4. If it's 2 wheel drive, make sure and get one with the correct yoke style(bolt on or slip). A 97+ can be made to work, but you'll have to do some work to adapt the cooler lines(make CERTAIN to use the correct rear cooler fitting if you use a 97+). I would avoid a 94 because of the nsbu switch and 91-93 is just about a different trans.

Welcome to The Truck Stop, albaca16, looks like Ferm has already provided you with some great information.

Feel free to interact and ask questions anytime. A great group of people on here that will try their best to help out in many ways.

Back