• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

94 dash swap into 98

Landon730

Reaction score
I know I might sound crazy but how hard would it be to put the old dash in a new dash truck? I have a vortec 350 so will it even work? I need a new dash and I prefer the old dash over the new.

You'll also have to swap front door panels, a pillars, and hack it up to clear the steering column(and that isn't even touching on the wiring differences, ac control panel, and the rest). Just buy a hard plastic dash cover. They cost under $200, glue on, and you can hardly tell the difference since they offer them color matched.

glue on cover doesn't take care of the dried and brittle pieces that fall to the floor after every bump. mine is so bad that the cluster shakes more than Elvis ever did.
i've been collecting sheet aluminum and have a dream to build one from scratch. need to pull mine out or get a junker for a pattern, cut out the aluminum pieces and take it to a friend who has a TIG.

NOT MEANT TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD: Em-brittlement is cause by UV radiation one would think coatings would be applied to prevent this when new but they are not so built in obsolescence is there.

There some aftermarket suppliers that sell composite dashes. However; a custom unit in aluminum or composite would be the way to go as DJ suggest.

I'm dealing with an electrical gremlin somewhere in my dash and thinking of fabricating a dash for my conversion.

Back