• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

90* elbow w/ 2-way flap?

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Anyone hear or see anything like a 90* elbow that fits to the bottom of a stack that lets precipitation drain but also directs exhaust out the stack? I used 3.5" solid pipe from napa and flex tubing to make a single stack for my truck (and will put a 4 or 5" pipe from the bed up when I can afford it and when I figure out what I want. (may just use sch40 4"...)), but I don't want precipitation to be sitting in the bottom. (I don't know if that's a concern for anyone else or not...)

Also, anyone have any ideas on how to get around that support underneath the back door of a crewcab? I used the stock pipe, but somehow fanangled it so that it sticks out under the frame rail... I'm hoping I can just find a 3.5" 90* elbow and maybe use flex pipe to connect to the stock straight pipe. Unless someone else has a better idea....

You don't need a flap deal, when you do it, make a low place just below the stack in the elbow and drill a "small' hole in the bottom so water can drain out... all my big trucks have this for water to drain out....

And sch 40 will be too heavy I think, try a big truck shop, there are band clamps that will work great for what you are doing, and a steel fab type shop can order tubing for you or a muffler shop, I got a 10' piece of 4" 16gauge for 60$...

I thought of putting a rain cap/flapper on, but I have a 45* cut on the stack, so I'm not sure how I'd fit it on.

Also, the only reason I was thinking sch40 pipe was because I don't want to dent my exhaust pipe WHEN I toss an ash or oak log into the bed of my truck. I figured if I went with a thicker/heavier pipe, I wouldn't have to concern myself with protecting it.

Back