• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

763 bobcat question..

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
Can I tilt the cab up with it running? Trying to trace down a hydro leak..

You can but be very carefull, depending on the year there may be amoving part or two that you could get messed up in. Also don't check for leaks with you hands, use cardboard and wear gloves, hyd oil injected under your skin is very bad, could even kill you.

now there's something important that I would have never thought of...learn something new every day...
Thanks Marty:thumbsup:

Bobcat has a good website with spec's for every machine.

I'm sure you can run the engine with the cab tilted forward. My Case cab tilts forward by removing two large bolts then pulling it forward. There's a gas shock that pushes it up, and a lock that keeps the cylinders from coming down.

I've been impressed with the simplicity of the hydrostatic system; engine, hydrostatic, and drive motors, with peripheral valves, hoses, etc. It's really an incredibly simple, but effective drive system.

You can but be very carefull, depending on the year there may be amoving part or two that you could get messed up in. Also don't check for leaks with you hands, use cardboard and wear gloves, hyd oil injected under your skin is very bad, could even kill you.

DO NOT CHECK WITH YOUR HAND!!!!! even leather gloves are no match for hrdo underpressure....we just took a class on that at work and you def do not want hydro oil injected into your skin....def use a piece of paper or carboard

DO NOT CHECK WITH YOUR HAND!!!!! even leather gloves are no match for hrdo underpressure....we just took a class on that at work and you def do not want hydro oil injected into your skin....def use a piece of paper or carboard

I worked with a guy that had that happen, he now has 3 less fingers on that hand. That pressure is very dangerous so be careful:thumbsup:

here is an example of an injury caused by hydraulic oil injected into the skin and left untreated for 30 hours.....
HandinjuryHydraulicoil.jpg

Back