• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6 Speed Standalone

Scholioso

Reaction score
Hey guys. Continuing along with my 96 Chevy K3500 Cummins swap, I've stumbled onto some deals. I'm looking into swapping a 6 speed ally into my truck & I'm in need of a controller.

Transmissiontuner.com offers a kit that includes the TCM, wiring, tuning, etc. Which sounds pretty good. Just looking to see if anyone else knows of a standalone 6 speed controller that they recommend? Let me know!

Thanks!

I've found a few more. So for others looking, here's a list of 6 speed standalone controllers I've found readily available for purchase. These are listed in order of the most expensive to the least expensive.

Caconversions.com $$$
Transmissiontuner.com $$
Destroked.com $

The other option is to buy an Allison TCM (A40) & get custom tuning for it. You would also, of course, need a wiring harness.

I'm trying to find anyone that has used these companies or products & has reviews for them. I would love to chat with someone about these. Thanks!

I did a 5 speed allison swap in a f800. Swapped the 545 out for a 2000. I modified a harness from a 2500 then used the factory TCM. For tuning I used EFI live and flashed it with a medium duty calibration so I could add a TPS input. It was incredibly easy. Even had tow haul and O/D cancel switches in the dash.

I haven't done the 6 speed but I imagine you can do the same thing with it. If I remember correctly, if the 6 speed TCM doesn't have a communication line connected it will default to a TPS for driver load input.

Last edited:
Back