• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5l diesel timing help

Lukus

Reaction score
Need help with figure out what gives me the act reading for my timing my scan tool is reading all the other numbers but I’m not getting a act reading need to know what sensor or what gives off that reading

MrMarty51

Reaction score
I`m not sure about the solus, the college over here had a Snap On scan tool and it would not show the timing parameters on My 2000 K3500.
A shop that I`m friends with the owner has a OTC Genesis reader, it works very well.
There are some other readers that works but I do not know which ones they are.
if I go for a system to hook to the 6.5 I`m going with the one from Leroy Diesel. requires a laptop computer but there is no charge for the updates. Like OTC costs every time they come out with enhancements for each reader system.

emmott

Reaction score
I have the AutoEnginuity scan tool which is the one that Leroy sells. It has the time set command and can read out the actual and desired parameters. I have successfully initiated a time set command and got the actual and desired readouts on my '97 with this tool.
I can't speak for the snap-on product with personal experience, but I have seen multiple posts on this and other forums that the snap on tool does not show the reading correctly when commanding a time set.