• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Detroit and Duramax, similar oil system/filter

Potluckslammy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Duramax shares a similar oil system to the 6.5L? Such as a spin-on oil filter....are the oil fill caps the same? I'm asking because I'm looking at an oil bypass filtration kit made for the Duramax, and wondering if something could be put together for my 6.5. Thanks!

Yea, it sure does! Amsoil's Single Remote Oil-Filter Bypass kit has full flow adapter, and I oil fill cap return setup, just like I was looking at elsewhere.

@Husker6.5 I viewed Leroy's centrifugal filter kit, and talked to him about it. Been looking at centrifugal filters and oil spinners for quite some time. His kit works just as well as I'd expect...and it look high-speed! So, it's definitely under consideration.

Does the LS1-LS6 share an oil cap in common with the 6.5 and the Duramax? Anyone? Looking at shiny aluminum oil caps on fleaBay.

Back