• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 turbo diesel specialty tools

94 k3500 nick

Reaction score
im looking for 6.5 turbo diesel specialty tools
im rebuilding my motor and almost entire truck and wanted to see if anyone has any specialty tools they would like to sell or if i can borrow

so far what im looking for is

fuel injector socket
glow plug socket
oil pressure switch socket
shallow socket for the 4x4 oil filter adapter i think its a 35mm size

and any other specialty tools that i did not list that someone would like to sell or that would mind if i borrowed

if anyone has any of these and would like to sell them or if i can borrow them that would be great
thanks

Do you know when exactly you are doing the build?

For the injectors and glowplugs I have always used normal deep sockets. You just need to make sure the injector socket doesn’t hit the return line nipples. Most quality brands don’t. Been a long time, but thinking same thing for ops, maybe I used an extra deep?

So 94 should be ds4, which the two injection pump wrenches from kentmoore work well with. Db2 is a little more forgiving. Lmk if you need those or have it covered.
You’ll need something to retime the injection pump komputer wise-

The rear main seal has a specific install tool kentmoore j-39084 mine is not at my house currently, but I see them used for $35-$50 usually. Depending how soon you do yours and when he is finished with mine I could possibly loan that also.

Cam bearing install tool is just specifc disc size. I actually had a harbor freight set and put the closest size on a lathe and cut to size. Been around for years now. Oh my heck don’t miss the cam bearings! #1 low oil pressure cause.

Leroy rents out an oil pump primer. @Burning oil
Not sure if you make money on that yet or not, but I will be renting it later also. No clue where mine went. Folks that dont know- this is massively crucial tool. Going without it your engine could run dry of oil a long time before it primes. I don’t care the best prelube in the world- huge mistake to do this to a new engine- throwing away tons of new bearing life and killing the proper brake in of bearings.

On the oil filter housing socket, buy one for that devil bolt. Those suckers will sometimes just leak. I’ve done so many engines and that is the one place that gets me sometimes still. Might be fine on day one then at 12,000 miles on engine the leak starts. #1 leak spot from factory.

Back