• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 DB2 conversion manual

You can post any questions you have and we can walk you through it. The here are more options now than when he wrote that.
like a stand alone transmission controller.
or using the hmmwv 2 wire cps instead of the ess style oil pump drive.
Or throttle pedals from hot rod/ performance shops if factory one cant be found from older truck.

You ought to spend time reading from the library here besides just the conversion stuff.

Welcome, btw.

I listed part numbers of it here years ago going over adding a turbo to my hummer iirc.
But I can’t find the thread.
Basically if you search crank position sensor for hmmwv, you will find the Hummer 3 wire same as any ds4 6.5 has. Then the one for lly duramax for 2006 hummer. And the other is for the 6.5 hmmwv not civilian hummer- but hat has 2 wires. Thats the one.

Sorry, wish I could help more.

That's OK . Just looking for some info . There was someone , 65GMCTD I think , that had posted about sensors . They will bolt in but one had a square wave output and that could not be swapped because of the output . I have a few of the California vac pumps with the sensor on top as I want to use them for the signal . Mine is a 91 , without AC , so just the sensor for the TCM . This was swapped into an 86 with AC so I need the vac pad with some type of signal for the TCM . Now the 95 van serp setup does work as the AC , vac and pwr str pump are all stacked on the left side with the alt on the right . This all works for the Banks but it could be better . So always looking for possibilities .

Ok. Basically any 2 wire is a square wave. It generates its own power. Any 3 wire uses one wire as the power going into it a d produces a sine wave.

To use the military crank sensor which is 2 wire, you have to have the reluctor wheel which is part of the lower timing gear from a ds4 engine. Any of the AM General reseller can order it. I think both @Twisted Steel Performance and @Burning oil are resellers. I heard on the hummer forum some time back that AM General would now sell parts directly- but haven’t looked into it and don’t have any contact info. Not sure if that is true or not. The timing cover also has tl have the port for it. I never paid attention to if they all have them or not, so you might need the timing cover from a ds4 eng

I don’t understand what kind of room you have and where. Not familiar with the term California vacuum pump. If this is the oil pump drive that had the vacuum pump and the 2 wire unit on it for the tcm- that will work that same signal can feed both tcm and tachometer.. is it that you have this part, but can’t fit it on your engine?

Also other than hmmwv I haven’t delt with a non a/c 6.5 in so many years I can’t remember what limitations are.

Back