• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 4L80E transmission mount

steelydan

Reaction score
My Sub makes a shake every now and again when under torque, backing uphill with my trailer or stompin' on it at a stoplight. I thought the u joints may be suspect but when I crawled under to check I found I could lift the tailshaft of the transmission a fair amount. About 1/2-3/4" or more of upward motion when I lift it. I think I need to change the rear mount. It does not look cracked...Anyone had similar issues?

Shifting from Drive to R should show movement from a 3rd person perspective on the worn mount. I saw a super duty tranny mount on a website, although i can't remember which site, it was bright red.

You shouldn't be able to lift the tranny.

It shouldn't move that much. That would defenately cause a vibration. Mine was not cracked either, but the crossmember it was attached to, was loose from the frame. :yikes:I went ahead and replaced the tranny mount too, just as insurance, but once the crossmember was fixed, so was the vibration.

Back