• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2l diesel emblems

J.Peart

Reaction score
hi, i haven't been on here in a while as i sold my 6.2s :mad2: but i was hoping someone could help me out with a few photos.

I'm building some rc trucks. GMs of course, and well i want them to have the 6.2 diesel badges. i know i guy who can make them but he needs photos and dimensions. i have a spare fender emblem but no tailgate one.

could some one snap a few good photos of the tailgate emblem and post it up with dimensions?

some ones for a gmc suburban would be appreciated as well (tailgate and fender badges).

If someone else doesn't get you squared away I can do it in a couple of days. The flu is kicking my backside and I have the tailgate down on my pickup and the back full of industrial storage rack pieces that I need to get set up. Not up to messing with it at the moment. Also, my Suburban with a 6.2 is a Chevy with barn doors, not the tailgate. Would that work?

If someone else doesn't get you squared away I can do it in a couple of days. The flu is kicking my backside and I have the tailgate down on my pickup and the back full of industrial storage rack pieces that I need to get set up. Not up to messing with it at the moment. Also, my Suburban with a 6.2 is a Chevy with barn doors, not the tailgate. Would that work?

If it takes a couple days that's fine. For the emblem im just looking for a good shot of the big 6.2L diesel badge as straight on as possible.

From the suburban i was hoping to get the 'Suburban' badge on the tailgate/barn doors and the sierra, sierra classic, or high sierra fender badges- that's why i wanted gm.

im recreating my blazer and suburban in 1/10 scale as well as a crew cab long box. i already have the k5 blazer badges in 1/10th, silverado k30 fender badge, gmc and chev grille badges, and the chevy tailgate badges. but i need to have the diesel and suburban badges made.

Where did you find that style bodies? ..and what r/c truck chassis are you using? Sound like it's gonna be an awesome looking rig.

Where did you find that style bodies? ..and what r/c truck chassis are you using? Sound like it's gonna be an awesome looking rig.

i am starting with tamiya Clodbuster monster truck bodies and modifying them with styrene stock. they are actaully closer to 1/12th but look good.

im using modified RC4WD trailfinder 2 kits for the chassis. leaf sprung 4x4 with 2 speed transmissions.

The chassis for the blazer is done and its got a temp body for mock up on it. still has a lot of work to go. i want to get a sound unit for it too.

Im just about to start the body for the crew cab.

2014-02-17-742[1].jpg
2014-02-09-729[1].jpg

Lookin good. The perspective of the snow pic looks like a full scale truck!

BTW I have a nice 6.2 hood ornament for a photo op if you want to add that to the list.

thanks. i was thinking about trying the hood ornament, but i figured it would get knocked off to easily. pictures wouldn't be bad though. maybe i'll give it a shot anyways.

First glance through, I thought it was a nicely restored square body.
Nice job on that RC.
Nice to post back in the results too, after so many years. You probably just got it finished, with all the detail, that would take some time to accomplish.

Back