• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

50% STP?

I started using LiquiMoly in My truck.
A product that adds platlets to the bearings and surfaces sure could not harm. It says it is good to use on turbo engines too. Made in Germany. I got this from NAPA. Part number 2009.
I tore down a 360 dodge engine years ago. the original owner had used nothing but Standard oil with moly, there were absolutely no scores on the bearings or cylinder walls.

Boy Nessmuk, that is the lowest oil pressure I have ever heard of and still not have rods knocking. Unless it`s a Harley that has needle rollers for bearings.
I suppose You have tried a mechanical gauge on it too.

Might be that rolling in a set of main and rod bearings and a new oil pump would bring the OP back up to a reasonable level.
My 93 K1500 with the 350, at 200,000 miles, the OP had dropped way off. I installed a new timing chain/sprocket set and a new oil pump and the OP went back up to where it had been, over 40 PSI hot and on the road, about 35 hot at idle.

I tried. Mains, rods, pump, and turbo. Gotta be the ones that require pulling the engine.
Maybe I can connect a bicycle pump to the oil pan and pump as I drive? I bet a vacuum pump hooked up at the latest cam bearings would pull the oil through. Maybe I'll put a manual fuel pump in and pump extra oil with that. Would a pressurized 55 gallon drum on the roof provide a boost to the oil system through the warning light opening?

@MrMarty51 The oiling diagram out of the military repair manual explains this. Priority oiling to the cam bearings... So if they get loose you loose a lot of pressure. It could also be a lifter bore. There is an oil cooler bypass valve and oil filter bypass valve in the oil filter area.

65-oil-galley2.JPG

@MrMarty51 The oiling diagram out of the military repair manual explains this. Priority oiling to the cam bearings... So if they get loose you loose a lot of pressure. It could also be a lifter bore. There is an oil cooler bypass valve and oil filter bypass valve in the oil filter area.

View attachment 50892
That explains a LOT. Thank You.
I guess I only look for information on an as needed basis.

Back