• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

5.7 Gas, oil cooler lines.

56pan

Reaction score
My son's truck is a 2000 K3500, 5.7 L. gas engine, 4L80E trans. We just had a new GM crate engine put in it and the guy that did the work told me it still had the stock eng. oil cooler lines retained with the metal clip at the engine. Neither of us had the time to change out the engine ourselves. I know how much grief these lines have caused to 6.5 diesel owners over the years and I replaced mine with threaded lines on my '93 C2500 years ago. Does anybody know of a source for the threaded lines for a gas 5.7, or will the 6.5 diesel lines work? Thanks for any help.

Idk if they are same part as 6.5 but if rock auto shows same part number, get them from Leroy is an option.

Otherwise how it is done on hmmwv and hummers is have hydraulic lines made to fit, and replace the factory fittings in block with JiC/ flare fittings. No need to Bring the cooler into the hydraulic shop because they can figure it out off the hoses.

No, they are NOT the same lines. I just went through this on my Tahoe having custom PTFE lines made for it. The problem comes in at the radiator side. NOBODY makes a fitting to thread into the radiator cooler ports, so you have to cut the old ends off the old lines, put a nut on, sleeve, and then flare them to 37 degree JIC(you need a special flaring tool, cost me $115 for a good one). Then you can use a union fitting to connect the braided lines to the adapters you made from the old hose ends. At the engine adapter it is just 3/8" NPT. OR you could get straight adapters at the engine side and use Leroy's kit to install his oil cooler out front, but you would have to make brackets to mount the cooler since you wouldn't have the factory brackets like a 6.5 used.

Back