• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E transmission shift problems

Annmarre

Reaction score
Usually it's the TPS so I immediately ordered another. Come to find out there was a bolt missing and it moved. Put the new one in anyway and configured it right but the last time my tranny wasn't getting enough voltage and the shop fixed it. Seems it may be the same problem now. We're going to check the fuse and all the ground wires but could someone tell me how to take care of three voltage problem? Where is it I'm supposed to find that problem? The shop had said it was on my tranny when they had fixed it. Shop is no longer there and it's a miracle to find someone to work on my truck here. It's a 93 GMG K3500 6.5 turbo with 4l80E tranny. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
There were issues with the trans harness at the connection on the side of the trans . If you pull the connector and find trans fluid in the cavity , there are updated parts to repair that . This was on the earlier trucks , I have a 91 Suburban , and the ends were different on the newer parts .

There were issues with the trans harness at the connection on the side of the trans . If you pull the connector and find trans fluid in the cavity , there are updated parts to repair that . This was on the earlier trucks , I have a 91 Suburban , and the ends were different on the newer parts .
Would you happen to know where I could get the parts?

93 should already have the new style plug. What voltage problem are you trying to correct? Are you not getting 12 volts + to the solenoids?

Power to the 2 shift solenoids and the tcc comes from the ignition switch then the ECM grounds them to engage them. I'm not sure on a 93 where exactly the trans gets it's power feed. Later trucks got power through a trans fuse inside the truck and earlier square bodies got it from the ignition fuse, but I'm not certain how your 93 is wired.

Back