• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80-e Tcc Valve Mod

Will L.

Reaction score
Walk me threw please, what happens now and how does this help that makes it worth it? Specific uses? What draw backs?

I always was able to find a transmission magician and write a check. Always got great results, so I never followed details.

Also, teach me to use “through” instead of past tense of throwing a ball. Haha wife gets made every time I write “thru”

6.2 turbo

Reaction score
The tcc solenoid inputs varible psi at the front of the valve. At the back of the valve is a spring,and return oil psi trying to push it shut. Its actually a pressure regulator.

6.2 turbo

Reaction score
It will cause a firmer engagement of the tcc. The first trans I did this to, the tcc was on a toggle switch. This one is a 06 Duramax van,with stock tunning. I do my own tunning, so if there is any issues I can probably correct it.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
It goes back to an on off converter lockup like the 700r4 and 1st 4l60e's had. I do not reccomend this with a triple disc converter or any converter with a HD clutch. I would also think this would stress the already weak lockup piston increasing the chance of it cracking(which is a known issue stock).

6.2 turbo

Reaction score
Don't know about a triple disc , but it has worked fine on a stock converter,and one with a billet piston.