• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

49 and newer

Vegioil

Reaction score
I have a49 Willy's body on a mid 70's Jeep chassis, 74 Ford Dana 60 rear axil , 77 Jeep Dana 44 front axil with 3/4 ton hubs and rotors. Jeep power steering. 1984 GMC 6.2 L diesel, Chevy SM 20 4 speed with the cast iron all gear transfer case mid 70's not sure of year. I've bought this truck in 1977 and it has has been my daily driver. This is the latest configuration, there has been many.
I pull my back hoe with it and have been thinking about adding a turbo to help it t altitude. I live in CC at 6300 ft. Found TruckStop while searching fo

Welcome to TTS. This is out of my expertise but other guys on here will chime in soon just be patient... You definitely found the right place for knowledge..

Welcome.
Yes a turbo is going to help. You’ll add power, andmwhen you drive around it moght see a small gain in mpg if you keep your foot out of it. Hard tomdo after having it lack power for years.
Anything been done internal engine?
what rpm are you normally running at?
What rpm do you want to see the gain in power- Down low or more freeway? There is an option to get it at both but the price goes up a LOT for that. Which brings us to the hard question- budget?

Asking for pictures is usually just to enjoy a build like yours- but seeing where to fit what becomes an issue on this rig.

Back