• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4" exhaust

toddlnrd

My first diesel!
Reaction score
I just installed the rest of my Warpspeed exhaust. I was a cheap a$$ and bought the downpipe and crossover seperately. I installed those and noticed very little if any difference.

Well, Saturday, I installed the rest of the system. The first thing I noticed was a major throaty rumble. I could feel a little more power from a dead stop (I have never floored the accelerator, so I don't know what full throttle feels like.)

Where I could feel the most power gain was in passing or trying to make a light.

In all, I am very pleased with the setup and installation was not too bad either.

Todd

Hi Todd !

I got the COMPLETE 4" Warpspeed system also two years ago and I'm still totally satiesfied with. Was easy to install, good quality and sound is awesome.

Have a look at my Album (view public profile). There you'll find some pics of mine installed.

Cu,
Sven

I noticed a huge improvement when I installed my Heartthrob 4" exhaust in power and EGT, but having that see-through cat helped tons too.. :sifone: My downpipe was so crushed, I couldn't get a coat hanger through it either. I didn't immediately notice any fuel economy improvement though because I was driving with my foot on the floor trying to hear the rumble of the engine!

The 4" exhaust was my 3rd mod after PMD and LP/OPS harness. It has yield the most improvement to the truck. I have just put a round filter last week with a metal elbow and it seems to reduce the hesitation, hence increasing the acceleration. I am working on making an enclosure for it now.

The turbo whistles more outside although I don't feel it inside.

Back