• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3.0 liter diesel in Yukon XL Denali

There is a descent amount of the duramini 1/2 tons at work. And I know some folks that are running the heck out of them. One guy is over 100k already. It isn’t a horrible rig. But it lacks the power. This is just like the 1/2 ton 6.5 pickups with a hair more power and way lower mpg with higher maintenance costs and all the lovely benefits of def fluid.

But really- not wanting to insult anyone with this engine but it should have been called the duramini. What does it maximize? Mpg- nope. Hp-nope. Torque- BIG NOPE. Name copying for advertising purposes- ok- yup.

Big suburban 4wd. Towing a double axle camp trailer or toy hauler with 2 side by sides and grown people inside along with the related gear. Maybe dad mom and 4 teenagers going boating. Probably not canoes being towed.

Pickup trucks can have a camper shell for gear. But if seating for more people wasn’t required then suburbans (regardless of sticker name) would not be getting bought at all.

The body of the fenders, hood, doors, etc is all the same. I just don’t get why they can’t figure out families want the capacity in those rigs like they do a 3/4 ton truck.
Even driving around 4 kids and all their gear made me wish for an LB7 over the 6.0 in my 01 burb and my 01 escalade.

I see some adds on TV about these new Jeep Grand Wagoneers.
Just did a search to see what engine they are running in those. Nope, it aint a diesel. Some huge high horse engine that gets 18 on the highway, thats respectable in My books.
I was hoping to see that it had a diesel option but so far not.
The Jeep Rubicon My friend tells Me has now came out with a diesel.

They were using a 3 liter v6 diesel in jeeps .
My friend has the Rubicon with the gas engine. That seems like a mighty stout rig. He has it loaded up quite nicely with all of the Jeep uprated components. Some kind of a roll bar exoskeletal system and more components than My feeble mind could remember. 😹😹👍

It isn’t a horrible rig. But it lacks the power.

Has the engineer fixed the "reduced power" cooling system glitches yet? Yeah, that over-complicated cooling system, already at it's thermal limits for engine power, designed to minimize emissions and maximize MPG with the insane emissions requirements The USA has on Diesels?

Already dealing with the 6.0L gas engine and extreme knock retard lack of power. Bulletin No.: 21-NA-260
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10205580-9999.pdf

Typical Mediocre GM ... Compared to the "RAM Air" intake my pickup has is No Contest. However the 6.0L FLOORED unable to climb my driveway is A reason the TSB exists. Typical GM screw up for engine intakes. (along with cooling systems.) Like GM isn't even trying and from experience with the "Cold Air Intake" quarter sized cold intake hole on the Trailblazer SS GM must think engine intake systems are a joke. Dealing with Snow in MI ONLY are they.

The Wax from the frame that has dripped on the driveway is difficult to remove, but, not all GM's fault here. How hot is it under the hood for the frame wax to melt and drip... :facepalm:

So let's turbocharge a I6 with DI ... Look at the Mid-Grade and Premium Gasoline Prices. It Ain't 10 cents more per grade everywhere anymore. RAM serves as a warning with their High Output I6 Turbo specs needing Mid Grade. They are toying with the idea of dropping that mid grade requiring turd in HD trucks. Look up Low Speed Ping (RPM) and the extremes including changes to engine oil on DI engines to cure it. And they want to put a turbo on it? Not an engine design I expect to bring me home in our extreme heat. From fleet experience it's hard enough to get labor to not use gasoline in a Diesel and you expect them to hit a different button at the end of a 12 hour day on the gas pump than they do for their 15 year old vehicle? Like I predict: not using 87 octane in a HD will drop like a turd.

The electrical problems we have dealt with and the insane amount of time to find a intermittent connector or bad wire that needs to be replaced ... We are going to be walking when we are forced to go with the electric vehicles. Nothing will work and no one will be available to fix the F%^&$ thing!!! What rental/loaner? Some OEM's do not even provide those in the stranded standard new vehicle warranty anymore.

Back