• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 f350 diesel

Reaction score
My truck lights saying park side fault keeps coming up but while back the back light would not go off not sure if this could be due to a bad battery or how to fix it! It’s used for commercial and my bf is stuck in a truck stop HELP

Attachments

• 439B5B2F-1F56-4D5B-ADE0-5AC12041857D.png
    439B5B2F-1F56-4D5B-ADE0-5AC12041857D.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 53B8F272-7241-410F-A504-5D1B8DBE0AF0.png
    53B8F272-7241-410F-A504-5D1B8DBE0AF0.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 71C38B9D-D4D1-443E-B3EC-7A75B417F65C.png
    71C38B9D-D4D1-443E-B3EC-7A75B417F65C.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 33D09B7D-FBC2-464D-966A-8A8DD37D5C06.png
    33D09B7D-FBC2-464D-966A-8A8DD37D5C06.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 7
  • AFA44A4F-C96A-48A1-8831-814FD4CD420D.png
    AFA44A4F-C96A-48A1-8831-814FD4CD420D.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 15A4D088-A5D0-4812-85BE-BD3215229122.png
    15A4D088-A5D0-4812-85BE-BD3215229122.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 9
Bad grounds and bad batteries can cause a lot of grief.
If I was stuck and could not make miles to deliver a load, I think I would be disconnecting the batteries, cleaning cables and cleaning any grounding wire terminals within My sight.
I hope He got back on the road before now.
Oh yeah, welcome to thetruckstop.us too by the way.

Unfortunately, there may not be much that can be done this late on a Sunday night. I would suggest calling a local dealership in the morning since it's likely under warranty.
I waiting for them to open today to call but his warrant is over because he has over the miles already :( it’s at 200 something thousand miles

Bad grounds and bad batteries can cause a lot of grief.
If I was stuck and could not make miles to deliver a load, I think I would be disconnecting the batteries, cleaning cables and cleaning any grounding wire terminals within My sight.
I hope He got back on the road before now.
Oh yeah, welcome to thetruckstop.us too by the way.
Do u think a bad battery could do it then it’s allot of stuff showing up when never having a problem before! I am going to call the closest Ford here when they open today! He is still there he said they usually put it in reverse and it should show up but it will let him switch gears but stays in neutral. Not sure I think mab it went into limp mode but awhile back he had his overhead light wouldn’t go off that the only problem he ever had in this truck! And thanks happy I found this page I am a dispatcher and have all kinds of trucks so I can try to help them out :)

That is some mighty useful information, You being a dispatcher. Could call for help for any one of the forum members that would become stranded, anyplace.
A condition of low voltage could cause any number of problems and trouble codes. Could also be related to a bad battery, bad electrical connection or a bad ground, or, it too could be that the computer ECM fried.
Please do respond as to what it took to cure the situation so we all can say, in our heads, AAAHHH HHHAAA. 👍😹

58 views on this question- many of hs didn’t respond because we weren’t sure what’s happening. Battery response by MrMarty is most likely issue, more than that would be wild guessing.
Hopefully we can help more ideas with next issue. Please do let us know,
It will help many more down the road as people do searches for this issue.

That is some mighty useful information, You being a dispatcher. Could call for help for any one of the forum members that would become stranded, anyplace.
A condition of low voltage could cause any number of problems and trouble codes. Could also be related to a bad battery, bad electrical connection or a bad ground, or, it too could be that the computer ECM fried.
Please do respond as to what it took to cure the situation so we all can say, in our heads, AAAHHH HHHAAA. 👍😹
It went to ford last night now just waiting to see. If it was the battery I was told it wouldn’t let him change into drive or reverse anything but it let him change gears but just sat in Neutral but I will let everyone know after we find out the problem!

Sounds like this is an upper level (Lariat or Platinum) equipped truck with Fords driver-assist/collision assist. My guess is some sensor has gone astray creating a fault within the system so it cant adequately monitor itself/surroundings. My thought is your reverse comments as my old F150 had issues with rear park-sense, and would disable when put into reverse.

I am a bit confused as it sounds like the truck is in limp mode, or is immobile in some manner? Is it showing a true check engine light (or just the other errors?) It should be drivable even with the above assist functions at fault (I wouldn't think in limp mode either). These new Fords (and most new vehicles) have a battery monitor (right on the post usually or on the wire near the post), and can identify battery issues resulting in a fault code on the dash.

This truck shouldn't have electronic transmission shift, so it makes me think that something (such as a door switch/hood switch) is faulting not allowing the gear selected as a safety feature thinking someone may fall out of the truck? But again, this truck should still be mechanically shifted, so I cant see the system overriding that. I have a 2021 F250 (6.2L gas). Ultimately with these new vehicles you will need a scanner, these trucks will tell you what's wrong (or what's not playing nice).

Last edited:
SO YOU ALL GANNA LAUGH 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️So it was RATS ate the cables under the truck! We left the trailer at that stop so we see what it looks like when he gets to it.500$ and 3 nights at a motel now it’s time to get him moving and making that $$$ Anybody know how to keeps RATS away 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ FORD SAID RAT KILLER OR IRISH SPRING SOAP . I knew my FORD wasn’t failing us!

SO YOU ALL GANNA LAUGH 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️So it was RATS ate the cables under the truck! We left the trailer at that stop so we see what it looks like when he gets to it.500$ and 3 nights at a motel now it’s time to get him moving and making that $$$ Anybody know how to keeps RATS away 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ FORD SAID RAT KILLER OR IRISH SPRING SOAP . I knew my FORD wasn’t failing us!
I once saw soap ate by vermin

Honda makes an anto rat tape that is basically like electrical tape but is grey and has pictures of rats on it. It’s basically like chewing hot peppers so they leave it alone.

There is other stuff similar. Practice your google-fu to find testing comparisons of that type stuff is best suggestion.

Every time I get a new electronics device with a charger cable, I soak that cable real well with tabasco sauce, I know that stops that cable chewing cat from exercising his jaws and teeth on them. For a year or more, or, until the heat dies. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

Back