• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2011 Duramax LML - FAQ Guide

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a simple guide of common questions that are being asked around forums.

1.) Can I tune my LML with EFILive?

-A: NO, EFILive has said they will not support the LML for a number of technical reasons that have been implemented in the 2011 GM LML Computer.

2.) What is my wheel lug pattern?
-A: 8 x 180. This pattern is new for the 2011 GM HD trucks. No, previous generation wheels with not work, and like wise on the new wheels on previous trucks.

3:) What is DEF? UREA?

-A: The new Duramax use new emissions technology in like with the DPF to keep a cleaner enviorment.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_Exhaust_Fluid

4.) Can I remove the Diesel Exhaust Fluid system?
-A: There are aftermarket companies that allow you to reprogram your computer to allow the truck to run without the emission devices present on the truck.

However, it is likely to void your warranty as GM has issued several TSB's regarding aftermarket programmers. I advise to search and make your own judgement.

Will EFI ever work on the 2011?

If so what is there reason for staying away?

EFILIVE will not work with the 2011 LML or LGH engines due to GM's new ECM coding. GM changed it so that you can no longer directly read the tune from the ECM, only do a check on a few key compnents of it to see which operating system it currently has in it. Basically they locked the ECM in the circuit board now instead of just using a passkey to lock it. And if you cannot read the tune out of teh truck, that means the only way to get the tunes is to illegally get them from the GM TIS system which is against the law. You can tune an engine so long as you can read the tune from the truck as the truck is YOUR property and so the tune in it is also YOUR property. When you can't read the tune out, that leaves you with having to basically bootleg it from GM directly which is in direct violation of the law as GM's TIS system is a subscription based program that requires you to sign up, pay a subscription fee, and also agree to a legal disclaimer of how you will use them. Until GM changes there coding in the ECM, EFILIVE will not chance the legal ramifications backlash that can come from bootlegging teh tunes. The current tuners on the market are working in an extreme grey area right now that could very well come back and bankrupt them like what happened to CASPER electronics years back when they got sued by the manufactuirers and the EPA for making simulators that bypassed factory emissions equipment.

Back