• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2007 LBZ EGR cooler replacement & valve clean

Reaction score
P0401 code States low-flow detected. Research indicates EGR valve probably dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced - considering cleaning only. Do you have any thoughts?
Also conducting EGR cooler replacement. Aftermarket Sinister Diesel EGR cooler. Any tips tricks and warnings?

Specifically, is it possible to get the air horn / intake out from under the wiring harness and behind the alternator, by just removing the studs?

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING sinister. I'm not much help on cleaning them, all of them I did got tuned and a blocker plate.

I decided to keep an EPA fully compliant truck. However I did not want ongoing issues so I used an aftermarket upgraded part. The all stainless steel EGR from Sinister Diesel does not fail and still functions properly in that it accomplishes the need but it functions better because the tubes have a better design and diameter and do not clog up. I will probably still eventually have to disassemble it again in another hundred thousand miles or more to clean the EGR valve. Maybe not with a program Flash from the Chevy dealer which is supposed to have a self-clean function - or so I've heard.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING sinister. I'm not much help on cleaning them, all of them I did got tuned and a blocker plate.
I appreciate the word and I wish I would have seen it before the purchase so I could have discussed it with you. But for some free education, please tell me what your concern was with Sinister parts. Thank you for your time friend

Back