• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2005 Honda Accord Door Lock Actuator

Big T

Reaction score
So I chose Friday of a 3-day weekend (for me) to take on this project. Excellent videos on the internet. Not hard at all. However, lots of plastic clips and cable retainers and they break. Video said to expect the end retainer on the cable to the inside door handle to break and it was already broken. New cable $7 online. Door actuator I ordered was the wrong one. I'm working on driver's front and they sent me passenger front. Actuator is attached to the door latch assembly by a single screw plus a sorta channel that slides onto the actuator. Two rods from outside door handle to the latch assembly. One of them broke its clip at the latch assembly and Honda does not sell it. Need to buy the entire latch assembly to get the clip, or go hunt in the bone yards. So I went home found all the OEM parts online for 33+% less than Honda. That's worth it vs the work to scavenge suspect parts out of a boneyard. It's too bad on the clip on the latch because the latch itself was fine.

Got the parts and it went back together fairly easily. I'm becoming a pro at repairing door innards.

While it was apart the battery drained and would not recover after being on the charger for a week. It was 2 weeks past the free replacement period at Walmart, but they gave me a new one anyway. Lucky me!

Back