• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2002 Yukon transfer case locked in 4x4 high

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
I don't think this is causing the front diff to burn up. However it's not completely shifting out of 4x4 high. It is however not in 4x4 as either the front diff or transfer case is not locked in when 2wd indicated. (No wheel hop in turns.) It will shift to 4x4 low and back. No funny lights or service 4x4 warnings. Just the front driveshaft will not spin over by hand in 2wd high. I didn't check if it's the T case or front diff locking it in. Yeah, assumptions...

Any ideas?

Front diff saga:
https://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/2002-yukon-front-differential-failure.47195/

You have to find out which is locked in. If its the diff, then the cad could be locked in all tbe time. If it's the transfer case, then it could be a bent/stuck fork.

Warranty confirmed. And not a bad price to R&R it so I will have them pull the damn thing in and out this time. ESP because Patch is in the way and don't need to push a front diff to a full on lock-up.

Back