• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2002 LB7 Flashpaq?

Flyboy207

Reaction score
I've had a friend call me with a Superchips Flashpaq 2805 that he has no use for. He's not asking much for it so I was interested, but I haven't heard many people talking about them. I'm not looking for something to make a ton of power, I just need something that won't blow up my motor or PCM. What are the pros and cons of these? Thanks

Like any programmer, it'll work and be better than stock. If you get a good deal, run it and enjoy it.

Just keep it down to about a 60-70HP tune if you don't have guages installed as alot of tuners tend to run high EGT's on LB7's.

Alright, I'm going to put a gauge pod on the pillar I think, so it'll all work out. But he wants 200, I might just wait and get that PPE Economy one. Thanks for the advice.

$200 for used tuner? tell him you'll give him $100 and see what he says...I know predators aren't in the low egt ballpark Ferman talks about but a new one can be had for $264 with overnight shipping...

but it does have 5 tunes and you can choose an altered stock tune and a couple of tow tunes below

- Stock Tune: with adjustable speed limiters. Speed limiter to approximately 120 MPH varies based on vehicle set-up weight, tire size, 2wd vs. 4wd, etc.
- 40 RWHP and 100-ft/lb TQ: Tow Tune, made specifically for towing. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations based on manufacturer suggested limits for the vehicle.

- 65 RWHP and 150-ft/lb TQ: Economy Performance Tune, designed for Economy and Performance, fuel economy depends solely on driving style, and will vary from vehicle to vehicle. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations of 8,000 Lbs.

the other two(below)are performance minded and you may not be interested...

85 RWHP and 195-ft/lb TQ: Performance Tune, designed specifically for performance street driving. DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.

- 120 RWHP and 240-ft/lb TQ: XPerformance Tune. DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.

Back