• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 Silverado 6.5 Duramax swap

Nick 6.5

Reaction score
Im finally getting to start my Duramax swap! Just got both trucks to the same location today.. It was a B!#@H trying to manouver the 02 with a bent frame! the wheels wont turn to the right haha. But here they are. I will post more pics if people are interested as things start to prgress.I1380389852.jpgI1380389895.jpg
Just getting the trucks here was a mission!

ya wen i first got the 02 i thought the same thing. i found just 2 slight bends initially 1 right aftr the core support mount and the second right after the upper control arm mount. so i thought hell ya! then i found the front diff was broken on the driver side of the truck not passenger and thought that was odd and starting looking closer. turns out the passenger side frame rail got pushed back about 3 inches and tweaked the cab as well. as soon as i realized the cab was tweaked that sent my hopes of fixing it to hell.

sticking with the ally, or finding a ZF6?

looks awesome either way! keep us posted!

I have had thoughts of finding 3 indentical C3500HDs, putting a hopped up optimizer in one, duramax in the second, and a 12V cummins in the 3rd. that would take alot more skill and money than I have though.

sticking with the ally, or finding a ZF6?

looks awesome either way! keep us posted!

I have had thoughts of finding 3 indentical C3500HDs, putting a hopped up optimizer in one, duramax in the second, and a 12V cummins in the 3rd. that would take alot more skill and money than I have though.

that would be awsome! haha.. i would love to see a newer 24 valve in one of our trucks. idk if anu1 has done it yet i tried looking. but ya thats talking about some serious cash! i got lucky and scored my truck for 4700 so thats pretty cheap. i just sold the bed and bumper too so basically got the truck for 4k haha.

Thats just a valve body kit. You should do clutches and converter too. Ferm knows what parts to use, MikeL (inglewood trans) can probably hook you up with the needed parts too.

im pretty sure ferm went with the suncoast kit if i remember right. its roughly 1300-2200 depending what kit u get. little bit out of my price range uless i sell the cab too and save up a lil.

im pretty sure ferm went with the suncoast kit if i remember right. its roughly 1300-2200 depending what kit u get. little bit out of my price range uless i sell the cab too and save up a lil.
Nope, Mike L helped me piece together the parts to build a SUNCOAST stage III+(but for ALOT less money).

Nope, Mike L helped me piece together the parts to build a SUNCOAST stage III+(but for ALOT less money).

O OK nice! i called him and left a message, for some reason i thought today was monday, probly cause i worked last night. do u remember how much u spent for the tranny kit?

Also subscribing. Whats wrong with the 6.5?

originally wen i bought the truck nothing was wrong. just had a lil tap on start up then went away wen oil pressure was up. but about a month ago i blew at least 1 rod threw the pan. i think its actually 2 rods the dents and holes in the pan are offset from eachother. im ganna be selling the complete engine (pan to turbo) for 500 i think depends if some1 wants it. or part it out idk yet

There is a 6.5L carnage thread around here somewhere. We NEED to see carnage! 6.5's are known to make an amazing BOOM.

HAHA!! Will do! as soon as i get the 6.5 out ill tear down and post pics. It should be pretty nice! the engine is completley siezed it wont crank at all

Back