• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1994...6.5...What exhaust should i get Post pics of your exhaust .

Chevy3500

Reaction score
Ok i have a 1994 chevy 3500 Vin f . Right now i have a single 6 inch stack, but really would like to go back to a regular exhaust. Im looking for a 4 inch exhaust. Please post pics or your exhaust and name where you got it and what brand it is. Thanks in advance for your input

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get alot of opinions with that question. Heehee!!

See my albumn for some of my pics. I like the KD especially for the cat.

I suspect whatever you get will sound different after it gets seasoned, it gets softer, looses a tiny tone. That should be true for most I would think. Maybe we all just loose some hearing over time??? LOL

Aside from the opinion most should agree you need a see-thru system; see thru muffler, see thru cat, see thru pipes.

I suspect for the hp range, 3.5" would be plenty. Anything bigger than 3.0" for a downpipe would only be a bigger pain in the butt to tease thru the tight spots. But if you like bigger tailepipe outlet for looks... hey, it's your ride, pimp it as you like. LOL

One think I don't like is a gm-x turbo with a straight thru exhaust. It sound like a sand blaster probably due to the restriction (shhhhhhhhh sound).

I have similar exhaust on the Suburban project, but we don't have any miles on it to really speak of, so it may still be a little new.

PMDCable sells a simple and cheap 4" and supports this forum as well. I like his setup because its complete, has that offset bend that most dont, and is very easy to put on. I have been sending him customers from here local after we done my buddy's 4-door 4wd dually. Beats what I got elsewhere.

I got a down pipe and muffler from thermonator. I installed the down pipe and went to the exhaust shop. I purchased a 4" piece of straight pipe from them. Then I had them install it and the muffler. They also cut off a short section of the 4" straight pipe and installed it to the end of the muffler. My exhaust comes out angled toward the axle behind the cab of the truck. I spent less than $150 for my entire exhaust system.

This system may not work for everybody but does me well. :thumbsup:

My brother did one for cheaper. He got a complete duramax exhaust system for free. Then put it on himself. It is not 4" but big enough for our motors.

If i get one without a muffler will the exhaust still bolt up or do i have to put some pipe where the muffler would be.

If i get one without a muffler will the exhaust still bolt up or do i have to put some pipe where the muffler would be.

You would get a pipe were the muffler would be. It is usually an option.

Not an option in Texas. State inspection requires you to have a muffler.

I got a stainless steel 4" from ssdiesel. It's by no means high quality stainless, but it works. It's on the 95 one ton dump and sees a lot of snow and salt. It has surface rust. Given the abuse of salt, I guess its holding up ok.

I would stick with stainless steel. It's no fun to be doing the exhaust again in a few years. Then you just ate up all you saved by not going with stainless.

I put the ssdiesel stainless exhaust on the 94 dually. It was fine.

I have a FULL BOAR 4in system from XDP. It was on sale when I got it for around $350. Great system. Great quality. Very easy install. Came with straight-thru muffler and if you have a regular cab, enough extra pipe to do a straight pipe if you want. I went with the straight pipe. Not over-bearing drone, and didn't have any noticeable drone when I had the muffler in. The kit is universal.

I've got a couple pics of my new exhaust in my build thread. I got it from Leroy and I'm happy so far. Nice rumbly tone, but not loud or obnoxious. Got a couple comments on it too.

PMDCable sells a simple and cheap 4" and supports this forum as well. I like his setup because its complete, has that offset bend that most dont, and is very easy to put on. I have been sending him customers from here local after we done my buddy's 4-door 4wd dually. Beats what I got elsewhere.

he changed the name of the site, its now www.leroydiesel.com.

I've got a couple pics of my new exhaust in my build thread. I got it from Leroy and I'm happy so far. Nice rumbly tone, but not loud or obnoxious. Got a couple comments on it too.

Thank you very much.^^^

I do sell the DiamondEye systems and I love the quality. Has thick wall tube, not the thiner stuff.
If you order a kit w/o muffler it still comes with everything you need. Actualy a kit with a muffler has enough pipe in it to delete the muffler, then if you decide its to loud you can install the muffler.
Most get the kit with the muffler because the cost is the same anyway.
I charge $299 that includes shipping in USA!! its a big heavy box!

Do you have a stainless option?

Thank you very much.^^^

I do sell the DiamondEye systems and I love the quality. Has thick wall tube, not the thiner stuff.
If you order a kit w/o muffler it still comes with everything you need. Actualy a kit with a muffler has enough pipe in it to delete the muffler, then if you decide its to loud you can install the muffler.
Most get the kit with the muffler because the cost is the same anyway.
I charge $299 that includes shipping in USA!! its a big heavy box!

for the 6.5 Not with DE. What are some brands that are SS? I have access to alot of different manufactures.

Looking at ssd's site it's $450 for a S.S. exh.

Which is pretty cheap by the time you do an aluminized system twice

The clamps just rotted off the Tahoe. The butt head that put the stainless system on the Tahoe used mild steel exhaust clamps. When I jumped him about it, He said "Those stainless clamps are expensive"

Ya think that if I paid for a mandrel bent stainless exhaust that I wouldn't pay a couple of dollars extra for stainless clamps?

He said he would order clamps and I could drive over an hour one way to get them put on. It was faster and cheaper to order them and put them on at home. I never put them on til now but the point is still the same

Back