• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1993 DB2 Dyno run with ATT

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
1993 DB2 Dyno run with ATT, 108 degrees Fahrenheit out. The fan running made a difference with some runs having the same peak back to back numbers. This was a 'sane' run with the smoke completely clearing and EGT at 1000 MAX. Room to turn up the fuel. Boost was 14-15 PSI. It will generate more with a trailer and cooler weather peaking at 18.

Hard to hold Patch on the rollers even with a blown 455 HO Pontiac big block in the back. Did a scrap metal drop off after this pull.

bed.jpg
roller.jpg

Dennis paid for this run.

Would like a 2nd opinion on the numbers before I post them. Dynojet software and files can be sent.

Best I could tell in 3rd gear, direct, with the TCC locked was 350 TQ and 175 HP. It hit 213 HP and 629 TQ peak with 1st gear and a balloon after a shift due to the torque converter. It is rough to read through an auto trans. I did several 62 MPH stomps to 85 MPH the range of 3rd gear. Along with 0-85 and 0-105 runs redlining as the DB2 shut down fuel after 3500 RPM.

These get noisy! :rolleyes5: You have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZdJr3O6fE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3aReHjUd8

The second vid is set to private it appears.

You're right the dyno vid is noisy, whoa.

The ol' '93 s lookin' good and runnin' good too.. Man I like that color scheme, awesome looking truck ;)

Cost to dyno is $65.00 an hour. Track is $10 a night on some Fridays.

Looking at the graph do you see where the TQ is higher with the TCC override switch off? Also look at how much more TQ I get when running 4th all the way out vs. 3rd that ends around 80 MPH at 3500 RPM because the DB2 hits the governor and closes the fuel metering valve. I have to read the numbers after the peaks caused by the Torque Converter slowing down the engine after a shift and then locking back up. Shifting 3-4 with the TCC override switch on is a hard shift and doesn't balloon as much.

1993run1chart.jpg

HP

1993run1HPchart.jpg

The dyno runs are done with tranny in 1:1 and locked torque converter so the transmission isnt multiplying the engine output. When not locked up the engine can rev really high, but the tires are spinning slower with more force, so its deceptive, the tranny is causing the torque increase. When on OD the tranny is spinning faster than the engine, so at high speed it will seem like it hold on longer with lower RPM at given speed.

Back