• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1992 6.5 projectish.....

Nosferatu49534

Reaction score
A buddy saw this old girl the other day and told me about it. 80,000ish rebuild on the motor. Its 2 wheel drive but the body will be scrapped so its not a huge deal. Frame is in rough shape and blown brake lines, all the usual rusty stuff. The topper is in great shape though so that will recoup a lot of money. :) But for $600 I couldn't pass it up. It will be great for converting my truck to manual pump system. :D
a3ca98e58136b1044c299be8bc1b75de.jpg
d7964afba7cb2f164dfda2ff324cdc76.jpg
2cf991b29172b74fe18108c34974c190.jpg
5bb95116368689816c7a6cdb9e2fb1e0.jpg

Ive been reading the manual Bobbie Martin put out about the db2 conversion. Im assuming I should still need to get a transmission controller out of a van. I'm wondering if it matters if the van had a 6.5 or not. I can find a lot of them with 5.7's and 6.0's. Also will the 4x4 work or will I need to do something special for that? Upon reading farther it seems like I should just take everything out of the 92', harness computers everything and start fresh. but being as the 92' is 2 wheel how would I get the 4x4 to work?

Has it got the wrong front bumper? Or did the earlier years not have the cutouts? I have Bobbies TCM from his truck. I got it for a project I never started. Make me an offer- I wont turn it down.
Sandy

Has it got the wrong front bumper? Or did the earlier years not have the cutouts? I have Bobbies TCM from his truck. I got it for a project I never started. Make me an offer- I wont turn it down.
Sandy
I think some came without the cutout for some reason. But I'm not 100% sure.

the only computer on the 92 will be the TCM. you couls also get a US SHIFT Quick4 transmission controller from leroydiesel.

The cut out front bumper started in 93

No... My 1992 6.5TD has the nose holes in the front bumper. Possible the NA engines had a different bumper? They offered 3 different diesel engines in 1992-1993 6.2NA, 6.5NA, and High Output 6.5TD.

No... My 1992 6.5TD has the nose holes in the front bumper. Possible the NA engines had a different bumper? They offered 3 different diesel engines in 1992-1993 6.2NA, 6.5NA, and High Output 6.5TD.

Now that I think about it, you are probably right about the bumper because my father-in-laws neighbor has a 92 6.5 NA and it don't have the nostrils in it.

Every time we go see my parents-in-law and I see their neighbor I ask him every time if he's ready to sell me the truck yet. He ain't said yes yet.

Back