• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1989 suburban 4/WD

Woodman

Reaction score
Thanks for having me in the group. Been a Suburban guy a couple of times, this is the last.
Love that the truck doesn’t tell me my lights are on or that I left the keys in ignition. You know, being aware, paying attention, be responsible. I guess being or getting older is part of it. I still need to feel responsible and in control. I like a truck that is steel not plastic. That’s heavy and solid and will probably survive a bad crash.
I am lucky to have a young mechanic that grew up working on older cars & trucks, and then worked in the dealership world and construction industry and loves the challenge to work and rehab my Sub.
Latest is the barn doors replacement, older one pretty rusted out at bottom. Will keep you posted.

Welcome to TTS!

Enjoy driving a vehicle that does not leak data on where you are or how you are driving to the mothership all the time :)

And I agree with your sentiment "I like a truck that is steel" - I think that's why I drift towards trucks that only get 3-10 mpg...

Our 1988 had a tone module that would tell you the lights were on. It may be missing or had the noisemaker on the board wacked by a BFH.

Back