• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

100 ccs

2 stroke ~ 7-8 hp. extrapolating from 50 cc chainsaws at 3.75 hp .

guesstimate 5-6 hp 4 stroke??? Reference - 9.9 hp from 209cc 4stroke Mercury outboard.

Less for diesel hp wise but torque and effeciency might be better.

I don't think its very linear

I don't have the definitive answer but their is a mathmatical equation but it is very subjective and I don't know enough in that area to give anything but a guess so I won't....

I do know their are many things that are at play and the formula doesn't take any of that into account either...

In a direct injected diesel you can get around 350HP from 100cc per injection event. The LBZ engine made 360HP, and did that using 104-106mm3 of fuel. LB7's make 300HP on 89, 04.5 LLY's made 305 on basically the same, and 05 LLY's made 310HP on around 93mm3 of fuel. That's direct injection though which tends to be 10-25% more efficient than an IDI(I know the 6.5l uses a pretty open pre-chamber design, so the differences are on the lower end until fueling goes up.

For an IDI I would guess it would put you right around 300-320HP taking pre-chamber losses and such into effect. That's all barring having a turbo that can flow it and such. But also keep the laws of diminishing returns in mind. As the fueling pushes up higher, the engine will go out of it's efficiency range, so as you add more fuel, the returns will be less and less for each increase.

@THEFERMANATOR well thought out and described response. Been waiting for you to answer a logical response because mine just muddys the water.

Problem with nailing it down (and why I didn’t try to answer) is the 6.2/6.5 platform has a wide range of results available.

6.2/6.5 small chamber, small valve, n/a, 2” exhaust could drag a 160 response. Yet another 6.2 large chamber, large valve big turbo, 4” exhaust easily makes twice the power off the same amount of fuel because it uses it all properly. Then slight variations like proper injectors, friction reducers like roller rockers, coatings, lightening and balancing push it much more.

If someone besides the brothers every get a large vvt working hand in hand with a ds4 and that would be huge- I say 50hp/75 torque over a comperable size turbo all because of maximizing what is available. More importantly a proper powerband from idle to shift- something most people don’t realize the differnce in until the drive the 2 as comparison. Drive a vvt truck towing something with the system not working right then one that is and you quickly understand how huge that is-all off the same amount of fuel.

Back