• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

08 Coolant leak at oil filter

michael1538

Reaction score
I have an 08 GMC Sierra with almost 29,000 miles and the Duramax/Allison combo. It has developed a small coolant leak on the left rear corner of the engine. As best as I can see, it is coming off of one of the stud/nut assemblies that hold the oil cooler/oil filter mount onto the engine. It only leaks when the outside temp is cold and the engine is cold. Once the engine or the outside temperature warms up, no leak. I have been to the dealer and they have looked at it and researched the service bulliens etc. and cannot find anything to shed light on it. Has anyone had a similar expierence? What was your resolve to the problem? Thanks for any replies in advance.
[email protected]

Since you're still under warranty, it's best to let them deal with it. I would make them keep it until it's fixed, let it stay overnight so they can duplicate the problem if you have to.

Back