• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

07 heater is not putting out

bison

Reaction score
As the titIe says.
Engine temp is normaI but i don't get much heat in the cab.
Heater Fan runs fuII tiIt but i don't get a Iot of air fIow either.
The dispIay teIIs me cooIant IeveI is Iow yet the IeveI is an inch higher than the fuII Iine(i added cooIant thinking it may be the cause of the Iack of heat in the cab.

Any pointers anyone??

Sounds like heater core is plugged but I've never had to deal w/ that. Mine heats but takes forever to get up to temp which affects the heat

You never get much floor heat from any of the GMT800s. Switch to the blended dash plus floor setting and it's much better

Feel the heater lines and see if they are both hot. Also without a winter front in cold weather, you won't get alot of good heat. If your not getting good airflow, you could have something in your fan blocking the intake from getting air.

This will be the second winter that I'll run without a engine fan. I plan to pull it off soon. Makes a big difference on warm up time, allows the temp to actually rise enough to get the interior warm.

This will be the second winter that I'll run without a engine fan. I plan to pull it off soon. Makes a big difference on warm up time, allows the temp to actually rise enough to get the interior warm.
Should that really matter if you have a properly functioning Tstat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neighbor of mine has I believe a 2003, his has 3 Tstats, 2 in the crossover and another for the turbo. His wasn't heating either, the 2 are changed and it is better, he's now waiting for the other one.

The 04.5 and 05 LLY Duramax engine fan's for some reason go into turbo mode when the truck is stone cold. The story is it's to create load to warm the engine faster, but all it does is make alot of noise and create enough air flow to make it colder. That's the way I understand it.

I read it on another thread and finally tried it last year and had awesome results.

Neighbor of mine has I believe a 2003, his has 3 Tstats, 2 in the crossover and another for the turbo. His wasn't heating either, the 2 are changed and it is better, he's now waiting for the other one.

ALL DURAMAX's have 3 stats. The 3rd one is for the turbo, and doesn't fully open until 240 roughly. I HIGHLY doubt it would cause any issues with one not warming up.

Back