• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'06 Duramax ext cab lb work truck, vs Chrysler 300

Max Attitude

Typical White Person
Reaction score
Picture this...My work truck- 06 LBZ stock, ext cab long box, ladder rack, side boxes full of tools, pvc and copper pipe in the bed along with a 4500w generator.

VS

Newer Chrysler 300 (must have been a v6, but still!)

They pulled up next to me at a light where their lane soon ended. I knew they were gonna run me. We both punched it when it turned green (i didn't even spool up). Fricken smoked them. They kept falling further and further behind with every shift. They got behind me and when I slowed down they flew around me and kinda cut me off....made my day! :rof:

Before I got my D-max, I would read these kill threads and think "whatever". Now that I know what kind of power they have I understand how a guy wants to race off the green. These big, heavy trucks really move!!

Before I got my D-max, I would read these kill threads and think "whatever". Now that I know what kind of power they have I understand how a guy wants to race off the green. These big, heavy trucks really move!!

Great feeling isn't it? :D

Once you get used to where they make power, there are certain speeds where you can lay into it and it will pull like hell. Feels completely un-natural for such a big vehicle.

Once you get used to where they make power, there are certain speeds where you can lay into it and it will pull like hell. Feels completely un-natural for such a big vehicle.
My personal favorite is the rolling 2nd gear tire light when you mash the throttle about 3/4 down.

My personal favorite is the rolling 2nd gear tire light when you mash the throttle about 3/4 down.

I like to rill into it at about 70 to about 90% throttle. It will flat lay you into the seat in a really unnatural way at 75-90. And it is SCARY how hard this thing keeps pulling at 100. I think my BURB accelerates quicker from 70-90 than it does from 0-30.

I like to rill into it at about 70 to about 90% throttle. It will flat lay you into the seat in a really unnatural way at 75-90. And it is SCARY how hard this thing keeps pulling at 100. I think my BURB accelerates quicker from 70-90 than it does from 0-30.

I agree....my personal truck is very fast on the highway. The work truck is untuned and fairly slow on the highway. Went neck and neck with a new f150.

Back