• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

06 Ally shift range inhibited

RedneckBuckeye

Recruit
Reaction score
My 06 with 119k om the clock has had some shift inhibited odes lately, first time was after it had set for almost a month, then it has done it more as the weather gotten cold. The only code it shows on my ppe is 0700. Once I reset codes it runs great. Trans has never been limped form hammering on it. Has had a transgo jr since 1600 miles. Run the ppe level 4, but don't beat on my truck, it has had an easy life. What am I looking at?

You really need to get a better scanner. The p0700 code means there is a code in the tcm, but many scanners cannot read the allison tcm. But make sure the fluid level is correct. Shift range ingibited on a 6 speed can easily be caused by a loss of prime where it doesn't build pressure within 30 seconds. But really need the trans codes to go any furthur. If it was an early truck I would say nsbu, but that doesn't apply to 6 speeds, so without codes its all a shot in the dark.

Back