• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

04 duramax need opinions

3500 dually

Reaction score
My son is looking a GMC 2004 duramax 1owner. it is a very clean truck inside and out but the vehicle has 376,000 miles. They are asking 6500 for the truck. The truck all stock no add ons. What is everyone opinions on this truck with mileage and price? I know the trucks can run a lot more miles then this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

That's probably about right on price if it's clean. How long since the injectors were done is the important question.

Do you know if it's an LB7 or LLY. LB7 injectors are under the valve covers, LLY the injectors are outside the valve covers. It's alot of miles, and how it was cared for is everything here. Many have run alot more miles than that, and still going on stock engines, but if it has been beat on it could be an ightmare waiting to happen. With that many miles you need to at least plan on some front end work, probably u-joints, compelte brake job as rotors are probably gone with that many miles. BUT if it's been cared for most of this has probably already been done. The price is VERY dependant on how it's been cared for. It could be in line, or it could be way off.

The engine is a LB7, I have not physically see the truck other than pictures of it. The interior as far as pics show is very clean and show very little wear including the seats. The tires looks to have 3/4 tread left with even wear and no chopping. I need to make a call to find out more info. The car fax is clean with one owner and one accident to left rear 1/4 when the truck had 11,000 miles. The bad thing is the truck is about 3 hours away from me. The outside is just as clean with no fifth or goose ball in bed. has had a tag behind the truck by looking at the bumper cover near the hitch.

Well good people we have another duramax in the family. I thought pass on we did buy the truck and found out the engine in it has been been replace thus finding out that the lb7 only has 94,000miles on it. Found all the maintenance records in the truck which was well maintain. Just thought I update the results on what we decided. Thanks for the help.

Being one owner, clean, and high mileage i doubt it was too badly beat on. Honestly surprised it needed an engine but if an injector hangs and melts a piston there isn't much you can do about it.

Back