• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

03 LB7 Allison P0802 Code

LB7Guti

Reaction score
My 03 LB7 has a P0802 code in it. I know it's a trans control system MIL Request Circuit/Open. Does anybody know what exactly this means? I've read a couple different things on other forums but they don't seem to have a for sure answer. Thanks.

Do you have access to a good scanner that can read the TCM? I'll do some digging later when I'm on my laptop and can search better.

From what I could find, it seems to set semi commonly after a flash, but is also known to pop up with a bad ignition switch. My ALLDATA doesn't have that code listed(I only have my 01 on there, 02+ had alot more codes than 01 did), but it says it's a problem with the circuit that connects the ECM to the TCM to command the MIL to come on. This can happen if the ECM powers up before the TCM does, which is why the ignition switch is a common cause. You need to 1st start by checking the TCM for codes and making sure you can communicate with the TCM directly, and that it is functioning. If so, then I would suspect something is causing things to not power up in order like a bad ignition switch(the TCM is powered via a fuse from the fuse panel inside the truck from a different side of the ignition switch than the power feeds from the underhood fuse panel where the ECM is powered from).

Back