• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

98 K2500 ECSB 7.4L 5-SPEED

Either a break in the switched terminal from A/C ON-OFF switch to the + side of the relay's coil, or a bad A/C ON-OFF switch easy enough to trouble shoot. Run a LONG jumper from the N/O side of the A/C ON-OFF switch to the + of the relay coil. If you turn ON the A/C and the coil engages the relay and your A/C system comes on - you have a break/bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness between the Dash A/C switch and the relay to the A/C system. If the coil doesn't engage the relay and turn on the A/C - then the dash A/C ON-OFF switch is bad.

OR:

You can pull the connector off the dash switch and then put a VOM on the hot side and to the load side of the switch and see if you get 0 Ohms in ON position, if so, switch good and use the LONG jumper method to see if harness/connector is the issue. If you get Infinite resistance, then you know the dash switch is bad and then if you put in a new switch, check for harness/connector issues with the jumper!

Last edited:
I understand that part but what i needed i guess was were"30" goes it's the issue.

However i have partially solved this, there is a pigtail behind compressor the plug.is simular to the one on the low side at accumulator. So are there two low pressure switches or two high pressure switches on these? I jumped it and ac cycles. Since po removed everything not sure what i am missing lol.

Iirc, #30 grounds through the fuse/relay box frame to the panel it's mounted to. Just stick one probe of the VOM in it's socket in the box and the other end to a good ground and see if you have continuity. Posting photos of everything you're dealing with always helps.

As I was. #30 gets its power from the Key On (+)Buss Bar in the fuse/relay box.

#85 grounds through the fuse/relay box's frame/ground bar to whatever metal panel it's attached to. So, if you get other than continuity (bright continuity light) or VOM of more than 2 Ohms, check if there's corrosion around those mounting points/bolt threads that attach the box. . .

Mystery solved. Since the whole ac system was mia. I never thought about the compressor having a switch in the back. It has a switch in the high pressure line . So jumping the connector ac works. Does anyone know , is it a high pressure or low pressure that goes in the rear of the sanden style compressor?

One piece at a time. Do some fitting , then do some coating and install.. View attachment 66930
Well, it looks like you got the start on the legs and body. Next thing you know, you'll have made a Tin Man. Then get yourself a pair of Ruby Slippers, a picnic basket with a little mutt in it and a blue gingham dress, and you should be good to go, Dorothy! 🤣 🤣🤣:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I haven’t been getting notifications on this thread for some reason. Not sure if you figured it out yet or not, but here’s some info from my 98 service manual. Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like pics of. 161B7AF5-1A58-44C4-AEA1-2178D2E2AEDB.jpegAB498667-2C90-462F-A6C4-98F90802F9ED.jpegD26AFF75-4634-4276-AE82-07C4737741B9.jpeg

Back