• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bmi turbo for hmmwv/hummer. Has anyone seen these on pickups?

Will L.

Reaction score

I know- BMI= nightmare, company name changes, etc. this got brought up on hummer forum and i was just wondering if anyone here saw this get installed onto pickups. I warned on the thread, but 2 folks there bought motors and are happy with them. So maybe they are getting better?

Also figured some of you turbo pro people might recognize this turbo. Looks like a $200 cko to me.
I noticed in the ad they don’t include turbo pressure injectors- just cranking fuel screw.

I know nothing about the company.
If those are genuine Optimezer engine blocks, that probably might be a good option if a person has a cracked block and wants to stick with the 6.5 engine.

They are authorized dealer for gep, so just drop shipping an engine shouldn’t be a big deal. But they also do rebuilds and had a horrible reputation from that and other components they sold.
The company is not really my thing I am asking about- more if anyone knows someone that got this kit and what exactly it is and if it was junk.

I ordered my mahle 18:1 pistons from them through eBay. Looked alright to me, but I'm not an experienced builder. Also have valve covers coming in from them, pretty hard to screw up the manufacturing of those. Their prices are cheap.

Man, with the (horrible) reputation of International Diesel, through all its legal (and criminal?) shenanigans and name changes stretching back 20+ years and a relocation from NY State to NC, I'm surprised they're even still in business in one form or another. Yeah, @Will L., that looks an awful lot like a CKO GM-x turbo. You'd think for the kind of money they're charging for that kit, they could at least use a BW 200-300 hybrid series turbo like Banks did on the 6.2 Stinger turbo kit!

Hell, their "new" kit, other than what appears to be a CKO GM-x, appears to look suspiciously like the (off Patent?) Stinger kit with a slightly different Passenger-side turbo-mount exhaust manifold, using a 6.5TD-type rear/under crossover pipe instead of Banks's front crossover in the Stinger system. Ya think?

Back